Friday, March 6, 2009

UPDATE - The Erwin SR500

I've been concentrating on the Erwin SR500 front end this week. It's been a ton of slow going busy work but I'm pleased with it so far. I've been stoked on texture contrast lately so I'm liking how the cast steel lower triple turned out. I'll have it clear coated so it won't look plated.
**On a sad note I lost my my very first power tool this week. The Black & Decker 2500rpm hand drill my parents gave me 22 years ago finally laid down on me . She was fast, loud, & chewed up all kinds of drill wheels at a record pace. I wish it had an hour meter.
There were will be a private viewing/service for family and close friends only.
I'm currently testing the obnoxious orange Ridgid 2500rpm unit, It already lacks in the speed department but it's not as noisy.
(sorry for the soft photo, Lighting?)

2 comments:

WES said...

did the motor go.did you check the brushes

Flatironmike said...

my sincerest condolences on the B&D

may an old Milwaukee drill find it's way to your tool crib