Thursday, April 9, 2009

Just so it's on your radar.

Hang your Fixie in the rafters and cut the sleeves off your jean jacket. 
This week it was brought to my attention on more than one occasion that if your employed in the "Action Sports Industry" your best bet for improving personal street cred is to go get yourself a nice new or gently used Sporty, have the shop install some multi piece bars, remove the front fender and your "chase the cool" is over until next season. Also if your line is experiencing tremendous sell through you could go as far as having your local chopper shop hard tail your new ride.
 Always remember trade outs cut cost, practice your DMV course and this will all be over in a few months.
I can't believe I didn't see this coming, I really need to consult my trend forecaster more often.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

With these TET's (Tough Economic Times) I don't think I will be able to make the "Sporty trend." Can you give us a little heads up on what the over arching them for the next "Big Thing" coming down the pipe would be...
Any help with keeping my "Action Sports Image" ahead of the curve would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up BCM. I'm still on the Audi trend working on getting a Vespa and the Fixie. I guess I'll skip it all together and go straight for the "Sporty". If I keep following your style advice maybe I'll end up at "Super Cool" company.
And who's having tremendous sell through right now?
R.P. AKA R-Pizzle

Jackieshan said...

That is hilarious! I'm actually holding off on cutting my cam cover since it's the latest "Action Sports Industry" trend. The scary thing is most of them have no clue how to ride.

BCM said...

HEY HEY, I'm merely a messenger here. I don't know what's next and I'm still confused with a lot of the past trends. I was in the dark on this one and thought others might be too. Like I said your best bet would be hiring a personal Trend Forecaster.