Monday, February 23, 2009

On the short list.

I check in on the Poppa Wheelie page a few days a week, he always has some good old race photos. Todays photos were especially close to my heart not only because they were motocross (which is what I'd rather be doing instead of any of this other crap) but because the photos were shot at one of my favorite tracks, Barona Oaks Raceway.  Barona is on a local indian reservation the pits are scattered with these big old oak trees, the track has some elevation changes and just an old moto vibe. However, you never ever know when they're open, the dirt is ok but super rocky, and I had two big crashes there. One, I was T-Boned by some kid while trying to exit the track and it hurt. The Second was the big triple in the middle. I ask my good friend Brian what I needed to do he said " take the outside line through the turn, click into third, clutch a little, hold it open off the lip". I woke up as I was being loaded into the life flight copter. Come to think of it I'm not sure why I like that place? 
Check Out Poppa Wheelie
A couple more of my non MX favorites.

No comments: